Sure enough, we have been waking up with the sun each morning in the Skybox. Wow. I really can't describe what it's like to wake up with the ocean right in your bedroom. Instant ocean/wave connection to start your day. For a surfer or a lover of the ocean, this is everything. Being in the Skybox, it feels like we have "the surfing channel" on all day, every day. There have been a couple times where I will just sit and watch people surfing for what seems like an eternity, and can't pull myself away!

We have a pet iguana. I have never been into feeding wild animals, but I gave him a little piece of my banana today as he scampered past the little roof outside our "porch" railing. He took it right from my hand but accidentally bit my finger. Just a little nip, no big deal.
We are leaving for Santa Teresa in the Nicoya Peninsula tomorrow, for two nights. We worked it out so we can take a boat over instead of driving, to save time and to avoid bad roads. Anyway, when we come back, we requested the Skybox again. Jason has someone renting it, so we have to rent the cabina below it instead. I'm not gonna lie, I was slightly heartbroken. I told Sheena, "let's tell Jason to tell the people we will switch with them if they want, I mean I could see how some people would not like the Skybox." Sheena says,"yeah, we'll tell them it's open-aired, has no AC, and has a pet iguana." "A pet iguana THAT BITES!" I added! So hopefully our FIERCE iguana will drive them to make the switch!

Our pet iguana. Not sure the story on his halfa-tail
I can't say we've been super social other than that! We've had some after surf beers at sunset and made friends at the bar, but we haven't been going out yet at night. It's funny because we are in a pretty big party town with a lot going on at night, but we are too worn out from surfing to actually go out. Last night, for instance, we were supposed to meet up with some friends at the Backyard bar in Hermosa. We were there before anyone else, had a drink, and decided to take Sheena's camera back to our hotel so she wouldn't have to carry it all night. But as soon as we got done climbing all the stairs to the 4th story, I laid on the bed, Sheena sat in the rocking chair, and we both passed OUT!

Besides surfing today, we also went to Los Suenos Marriott resort in Herradura, just to the north. This is a world-class, immaculate resort, which seems very out of place compared to the modest, simple towns surrounding it. They have an incredible labyrinth/lazy-river style pool with lots of turns and sections that looks out over the ocean and mountains. Between it and the ocean, a huge lawn with shady almond trees, coconut palms, lounge chairs, and hammocks. We got in some relaxation time here by swimming in the pool, lounging in the sun and shade, and even having a cocktail at the swim-up bar.


Me swimming in the Los Suenos pool
Here, we also learned of the speed-boat that takes you to Montezuma, just next to Mal Pais and Santa Teresa. I have heard from many of my surfer friends that this area is one of the most, if not THE most, beautiful areas of Costa Rica, with amazing waves to boot. So we arranged a ride over on the boat for tomorrow morning. We will stay two days and nights there to get in some more surfing and to explore this new paradise.
Pura Vida :)
Courtney









love the Las Suanos. I think I played golf there.
ReplyDeleteCatch a wave for me ladies. See ya on the flip.
Thanks Rogy McRogerton!! see ya in a few days :)
ReplyDelete